HOMICIDE - Byron Carr, 1988
Date Posted: November 28, 2007
Byron Carr was last seen alive at approximately 3:30 AM , Friday November 11th. 1988, which was the beginning of a long Remembrance Day week- end. He was driving a 1987 white Ford Tempo West on Sydney Street near the corner of Great George Street, Charlottetown. He was found dead in the bedroom of his home, 24 Lapthorne Avenue, Charlottetown, 31 hours later. Time of death was determined to be between 3:30 and 9:00am, November 11th. Evidence at the scene indicated his death followed a sexual act with a male. Carr was strangled and stabbed and the killer left a note saying; ''I WILL KILL AGAIN!''
Investigators are interested in speaking to anyone who may have been on city streets at that time. Anyone with any information regarding this crime, no matter how insignificant it may seem, is asked to call the CCPD Hot Line 1 877 566-3952 or PEI Crime Stoppers 1 800 222 TIPS or click 'tips online
You will remain anonymous and Crime Stoppers will pay an award of $2000 to anyone who provides information that will lead to the arrest of the person(s) responsible for the murder of Byron Carr. "Crime Stoppers is not about telling on people . . .It is about protecting your family, your home and your community!"
- Releasing the photo is another step in the investigation.
- Although the wording of the crime scene message had been previously released to the public in November of 1988, this is the first time we have released, an actual photo of the message.
- The message was located on a wall within the victim's residence and is believed to be have been left by the person responsible for the death of Byron Carr.
- The message has been examined by experts in the field of handwriting and printing analysis, however
- We hope by releasing it to the public, someone may recognize the characteristics or style of the print letters within the message and be able to associate them to a person.
If anyone has information they are asked to Call the Charlottetown Police, Crime Stoppers
or the Byron Carr Hotline 1-887-566-3952
Sgt. Brad MacCONNELL - Charlottetown Police Service (902) 629-9938
Anyone who has information regarding this crime or any other crimes on PEI is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477(TIPS)